Friday, January 8, 2010

Christian/Religious Guys need your advice!! Can you look beyond a woman's past?

I was molested as a kid, and got into drugs and sex pretty young (14)and have recently (about 6 months) started going to church, I had never gone as a kid or anything, I accepted Jesus as my savior, I am going back to college, making new friends, and am in the process of changing my life. Also I've been clean for over two months, no drinking or drugs. But recently 2 guys I were interested in from church both said they liked me but only wanted to be friends b/c I've been with too many men, was a topless dancer, and have done drugs. It seems the only guys who want to date me are partiers or just want sex. So how do I get a nice guy? Whats the point of changing if no one can see who I am today??? I thoght christianity was all about forgiveness??? Christian/Religious Guys need your advice!! Can you look beyond a woman's past?
Yes, and so can God. When satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future...which is specified in Revelation:





Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.





Jenna, Christianity IS all about forgiveness....you just met a couple of shortsighted Bob-better-than-thous....you deserve better....God has it in mind for you:





Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,'; declares the LORD, ';plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.





You said you're in college, but don't state your age....that's OK, I'm 50 and have kids nearly college age....I'm going to speak to you as if you were MY DAUGHTER:





The FIRST thing I want you to know is that you ain't done nothin' I ain't....except I'm a guy and never tried topless dancing, but as for your laundry list of other skeletons in your closet, I promise you I've outdone you in sex, drugs, alcohol and many other things I'm prudent enough NOT to post in a public domain.....I'm also a murderer. If you want details you can email me, I'm not posting information like that on Yahoo.





The SECOND thing I want you to know is Jesus is NOT concerned with your past: Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.


If you read the Bible cover to cover (I've done it several times), you can see that if you went to Heaven and kicked out ALL the prostitutes, drug dealers, liars, murderers, and cheats....There would be NO ONE LEFT but God. By His grace, I have been clean for about 23 years and I am married to the best wife I could hope for.





When I MET my wife and we started getting serious, I spent an entire Saturday afternoon telling her all the nasty things I'd ever done, and she responded with the scripture I now give you:





Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:





Even Jesus stated that those who have been forgiven little, love little, but those who have been forgiven much, love much:





Luk 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.





Stay in school, study hard, be encouraged in your Christian walk, forget those 2 guys, and PRAY about a guy in your future. DON'T be afraid to try another church...God has good plans for you. Real men love God, and don't expect their women's clothes off until the honeymoon.





Edit: Candi_k7 also gave you a wonderful answer.Christian/Religious Guys need your advice!! Can you look beyond a woman's past?
Jenna, congrats on accepting Jesus as your Savior! Welcome to the family. The problem with change is it takes others (who know your past) to believe the change. Let God lead you. If He has a special someone, that guy will love you for who you ARE and not hold the past against you. God bless! :o)

Report Abuse



Yes I can. The girl I'm seeing right now was molested as a kid, got into drugs, ran away from home, was a prostitute for a while. That's all in the past and we have a great relationship right now. You are a good person and someday the right guy will see you for who you are and not what you were. Peace be with you my friend.





I almost forgot. She's had an abortion and she votes democrat.
Maybe that's just those guys personal preference, for a virgin or a close to virgin woman. I'm more concerned with attraction and chemistry; if a woman has a bad past, I would just like to be secure that she is not doing those things anymore.
You're right, of course. But given your history, you owe it to yourself to get tested for AIDS/STDs.





My wife and I BOTH did that.





That should put any guys at ease who are truly interested in you, not just your sex parts. God bless you.
I am VERY forgiving, Jenna, for the very simple reason that there is NOTHING that you have done that I haven't done already, long ago.





It would take one Hell of a woman to make ME a ';Nice Guy';, though.
Wow, what a couple of jerks. Just be patient. God is Love, and it will come your way.
Hi I am not a guy but I share your experiences..I was much older when I came to Christ than you are now. But like you I was molested as a young girl and was into drugs and I was an alcoholic before I was 17 I had also been with countless guys before I was 18. I did however met my husband before I became a Christian. You can overcome this first of all do not give into the temptation to return to your former life..keep living for God and make him your priority. Remember this scripture always ';Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well'; even though this passage is talking about food and clothes, I do believe it applies to everything we desire. Remember that you are a new creation, your sins have been forgiven, you do not need to tell everyone about your past unless your are sharing your testimony or something. You have had enough experience with sex to not have to be focused on getting a guy right now anyway, focus on your spiritual growth and everything will fall in place in its time. If you ever need anyone to talk to look me up and e-mail me. Also remember these SELF RIGHTEOUS boys that call themselves Christians but sit back and judge you are not imitators of Christ and you do not need to waste your time. Peace
Here is my advice [I looked beyond my wife's past and excepted her for who she is, not for what she did] : The first thing you need to do is to Pray to God for your soul mate! God will send him to you, he will be someone who is interested in you, not what you can do for or to them. This means that he is probably not going to someone who you may be 'interested in', try to look beyond their 'good looks' or lack thereof and ask them a lot of questions about themselves, get to know them, if this is the one that God has sent you then he will be a Godly man, kind and forgiving towards you, and not judgmental. He will also want to become your friend first. This is something that most do not do, and this is the reason for most of the divorces. They failed to become friends first, so after the first flush of passion faded, they had nothing in common to talk about and to build upon for their future, because that future is a conscious choice that both of you must make in order to have a happy marriage that will last a lifetime. It is the choice of whether to love or not to love the other. Love is not something that you 'fall into' it is always a conscious choice. He will also listen to you when you wish to talk and will not 'tune you out', but he will be interested in your opinions even if they do not coincide with his.
Jenna:





First of all as to you question: YES I can look beyond a girls past.





You see the bible says this:


';For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.';


Jesus Christ came and died on the cross for this very reason.


Your past is that...past.


The bible tells us this:


';If anyone be found in Christ he is a new creature, old things are cast away, behold all things become new.';


When the Pharasees wanted to stone the woman caught in the act of adultery, they brought her to Christ. She asked forgivness and Christ forgave her.


He said to the Parasees this:


';Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.';


When he looked up, all her accuses were gone.





You are forgiven and made new through our Savior Jesus Christ.


You are loved and perfect.


Those guys sould read and then practice what the bible teachs rather than just siting in church on Sunday and acting Christian.





God promices to grant us the desires of our hearts.


Continue to glorify the Lord with your life and He will bring you the RIGHT man into your life.





I totally understand where you are coming from.


Just so you know, I speak from experience.


Before I came to Christ, I lived a life filled with drugs, booze, crime and parties.


I lived with 3 exotic dancers.


I have been to prison.


But guess what, Jesus forgave me.


He saw past my past and saw His creation.


The bible does not say that it is worse to have danced topless than it is to be a glutton or a thief or a liar. Sin is sin...period.


You Jenna are forgiven!!!!!


You are NEW and those guys are in need of your prayers.





Keep a smile on your face and if you ever need a word of encoragement or a friend...you can email me anytime.


You are my sister in Christ and I'll be here for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment