Friday, January 8, 2010

Jealous of younger sister ( sad i know )..advice please. be nice plz.christian answers too?

so, my sister is about 4 years younger than me and im sad to say im jealous of her. i think we're both equally pretty..but i dont know..when my moms friends or others see her they're like '; WOW, omg you've changed so much. you could be a model';, but to me its like, nothing. my sister is practically as tall as me, and IM older! her legs are longer, and she doesnt struggle with her weight like me, like she can wear whatever and she looks great. me on the other hand, i have to find clothes that doesnt make my stomach look chubbier than it already is. it makes me feel like a failure. like, she has longer legs, slimmer figure, stylish haircut, FRIENDS..how can i improve myself, so at least i feel good about myself and look okay? and how can i deal with her being taller than me..? how can i be the best me..


~ loser older sis.Jealous of younger sister ( sad i know )..advice please. be nice plz.christian answers too?
you know what, when I was growing up I was known as the ';prettier'; one and my sister was a little pudgier and had fewer friends. But, here is some news...I was insecure and jealous too! I wanted to have her figure, which was fuller and more voluptuous, I liked her hair better than mine and I thought her friendships were better because she had a few friends who were very close, whereas I always had a gaggle of shallow and superficial friends who weren't really there for me in the tough times... the news is that whoever you are, even a top model, you are going to be insecure as a teenage girl. this is because society and the media really beats down teenage girls, causing them not to have any confidence and fall into drugs, bad relationships, anorexia etc. also that is dangerous when you are living trying to meet impossible standards, after all the supermodels aren't even perfect -- they get airbrushed! So, if you want to lose the tummy fat, there are lots of exercise programs to do to lose that tummy fat. you can make that a goal for yourself, like go to the library rent some ';abs of steel'; videos, get a tummy cruncher (at wal-mart they have them for like $15) and chart your progess. but, I would not just try to be everything like your sister. because that is not possible. for one thing, you have a different figure than she does. height, length of legs, metabolism, how your body stores fat, are all things that are genetic and she may have inherited different genes than you. so like it or not you must learn to be proud of your own body and your own life and not compare yourself so much to her, and do not pay attention to what your mom's silly friends say. if you don't like your haircut, then go to the hair salon and get a stylish one of your own! but not your sister's haircut, get one that reflects your personality and how pretty and cute you are, not her! also you could get into an activity at school like art or drama or debate, something that you have for yourself and can make friends in and be proud of yourself and your own achievements. good luck!!Jealous of younger sister ( sad i know )..advice please. be nice plz.christian answers too?
Wow..... you need to start looking at the positives in your personality and looks instead of all the negatives. Any one of the 7 billion of us on this planet can spend all day tearing ourselves down and thinking about how awful we look. Instead think about the things you might be better at than your sister. As for friends my late father always told me that if you can count your true friends on one hand you are a fortunate human.
My answer to you is to help you understand that jealousy grows like mold if you let it and it is just as hard to kill if you let it get out of hand, much like mold. When you harbor feelings like that, and hate, and hurt, the affect you. They grow in you and stop you from being the person you are meant to be.





Stop living in someone else's eyes and live within your own. God made us all different. If he had want us the same he would have done things a heck of a lot different in the beginning.
try working out and excersising it will really help you and then sending your younger sis all the food you don't want but she can eat like cake icecream little debbies ect :)
First off you are not a loser. I want to tell you not all models are pretty. Not all models are what men are looking for or what you should aim to be.or look like.





A lot of shorter woman are considerably prettier than tall woman. So don't get caught up on height. I see a lot of pretty woman who are short. They are considered ';feminine'; or ';petite';.





Try complimenting your sister and learn to mean it. The feelings of inadequacy will eventually leave and so will the feelings of jealousy. Maybe to some people she is prettier than you and maybe not. The key thing is, is to make sure you keep yourself in the best shape possible and remember that you have strengths that she doesn't have.





Build on your strengths and the right attitude will follow. and yes pray that God will take away your jealous feelings. It isn't good.
Don't pay attention to what anyone else says. If you like yourself, regardless of whatever others say, then believe it! I mean, don't try and change yourself just because of what others say. I'm sorry that you feel like your sister is better than you, prettier than you, I really am :(. But you can ignore them, get your own friends, that will encourage you, and listen to ur heart (I know, that is sooooooo corny). If you feel that you are fine the way you are, even if everyone else compliments your sister, keep feeling that way!!!!! That's the best way to be....YOURSELF!!!!! PS I'm a christian...is this a good enough answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment