Friday, April 30, 2010

Help: Advice for how to handle my ';radical'; Christian son?

My wife and I sent our boy to a Christian College specifically to avoid him falling under the influence of PC liberals. Now it turns out that some of the Christians he has met at school are just as bad. All he cares about now is helping the poor and he has been pressuring my wife and I to give more to the poor. He says it is against Jesus for us to have several different homes and a boat while so many poor people go hungry. I was always taught that Jesus only wants us to work hard and that he makes sure we get rewarded for our effort. Why should I help lazy people who don't work. That's communism, which I know is against Jesus. I just wanted my son to become a respectable Christian man, not some radical. He says he won't even try to make money and anything my wife and I leave him he will give to the poor. And I know at his school, he is with a group that spends a lot of time going into the bad parts of the city where my wife and I do not want him to go.Help: Advice for how to handle my ';radical'; Christian son?
It's funny--this troll is actually representing the reality of Christian conservatives quite wellHelp: Advice for how to handle my ';radical'; Christian son?
Cut him off. It sounds to me like your kid has no concept of the value of money. What you worked for is yours to do with as you please. It would sure be nice to give it away and have a greater impact on humanity as a whole rather than for yourself and your material goods, but that's YOUR decision to make, not your son's. If he wants to give away what's his, let him /work/ for his money and then do with it as he pleases. Maybe once he has to feed, clothe, and shelter himself he'll have a better appreciation of receiving just value for one's hard work. That's his right as an adult.
I'd say he is the second coming of Jesus. Great he has finally comeback. All these Xians are going to be glad to hear this. I think he is supposed to save the world or something.
Sorry, but i really think your boy is very much right! You send him to a christian school and now he is a good christian you just think he is radical?????


Is this hypocrisy or what???????????!!!!!!!!!!
Tell him it's all a bunch of lies and that christianity is just made up.
Your son is turning into a saint. How old is your son? I understand the part of not wanting him to get hurt in the bad part of the city as any father and mother would care but does he go with others and adults as a group to help the poor? While he may be harsh on you what he says is true as far as that it is good to be poor. Jesus chose to be poor - he rode into the city on a donkey and told his disciples to give up what they have. That does not mean to have things and have money is wrong but it is what you do with them and always to remember never to idolize them. Look at the lives of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta or St.Francis of Assisi who renounced everything for the poor and the sick. God Bless Your Son %26amp; your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment