Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why? why death? all advice needed and wanted, especially strong christian believers?

now this is kind of long but please keep reading





yesterday morning my aunt died after a long battle with cancer. after that ive become really depressed lately. i cant stop thinking of her the littlest things explode into depression causing depression like moods like i cant even eat without throwing up and i always want to go to bed or even a snicker bar will put me in a depression mood because that was the last little ';treat'; she gave me and even the smell of her perfume or a mention of the word ';cancer'; will cause that. she was always there. always even when i wasnt even thinking abou it. but now if i want to go see her. her bed will be empty. i cant even do daily activities now. now im more of the ';strong type'; so i dont cry in public so this is my way of pouring out my feelings. you see everyday in news or somewhere that someone died this day and you say ';ah who cares that doesnt affect me'; but then your loved ones die its different. but at least she died a pretty peaceful and decent death and was at peace with everyone whrere as in the news you can see people being mercilessly murdered or unknowingly. how do you go about with your daily life sill knowing shes dead? i mean i cant even think about five years from now without her. her death sparked a new want or need in me to be a more stable christian believer. before she died she was a warrior for christ. telling all the nurses about christ, and even comforting everyone saying ';dont worry ill be with my lord';'; we had prayer meetings and everything now but that still hasnt helped alot - a little but not as much as i need. what happens after death? why live of were going to die? i cant live without her. just think of the pain her imediate family is going through. anyways if youve read this far , thank you and please, emil me back with any help you can give. right now im still even hoping all this is a dream and all will be well when i wake up and this question was never posted. if this was someone else i could of gone to her for comfort but shes gone. ths is my first really close death that i like am fully aware and everything of everybody before i knd of knew and sill hurt pretty badly - i dont know how i can get over this.Why? why death? all advice needed and wanted, especially strong christian believers?
Rejoice in the fact that you got to spend some of your life with her. Always remember her and she will live on. Don't remember how she died, remember how she lived. Those moments you shared are all the more important now. Death gives life meaning, remember that. All things live and die, that is the natural part of life.





I'm an Atheist.Why? why death? all advice needed and wanted, especially strong christian believers?
You will get over your grief. But you will never forget your aunt. One day you will think back on her and all the good things of her. You won't miss her as much. This is just the first step in mourning.


Read Ecclesiastes 3;1-9.


Hope this helps. God bless.
The Lord explained the meaning of death and life to his Prophet, Joseph Smith. Death is only a birth to another life. If we act right, we can be with our loved ones eternally. (mormon.com).
First, I am truly sorry for your loss, I lost my father the day after my wedding. He was deeply rooted in his faith in God like your aunt, like you I had time with him before he passed. I will share a few things with you that helped me. I believe in God and I came to realize that being human we all live and die and what we do while we live is what is important. Our life on this earth has several purposes, one of which is to prepare to be reunited with the one who gave us life. Your aunt believed that if she lived a life that pleased her Heavenly Father she would return to His glory. Another purpose is to show by example how to live a life full of the same love that Jesus showed while here on this earth, and that this is possible in this day and age. I challenege you to think about this, if we as humans live a life that would be acceptable to God and would allow us back into his presence should we not rejoice when one of our loved ones has accomplished this task and also be renewed in our struggle to do the same. I know this doesn't help take away the pain of losing someone but it might give you hope. There will be more, and how we deal with it when it comes will be a true test of faith but with a little more understanding and support I believe that you will overcome this trial and be a strong support for others in your family. May God bless you and strengthen you. Amen
I am very thankful to the Lord for your aunt.What a special person she must have been.I will not fill you with scripture you will get plenty of that.God has blessed with the power of witnessing her strong faith.She found her own faith in Jesus it is time for you to discover yours.I have seen my mom,dad,grandmother and several others go through similar situations and they also are with the Lord now.I am thankful that they assisted me to be strong in my faith so in times like yours I have more than air to sustain me.


May the Lord bless you and keep you, may his light shine upon you and give you his peace
My sincere condolences on the loss of your loved one. It seems that one of the reasons you're hurting so much is that it sounds like your aunt was your spiritual strength. She didn't have any fear of her own death, because she knew she was going to be with Jesus for eternity. Where she is now, she would never want to come back here. I hope you will continue to fight for your faith. Please never give up. The Bible says we shouldn't grieve ';like those who have no hope.'; We have an anchor for the soul, Jesus Christ, and a comforter who ';will never leave you nor forsake you.'; Please try to think of her in heaven, at peace with God forever, no pain, no regret, no suffering, only the most perfect joy beyond anything we could imagine.





Yours in Christ, Nick
I really just skimmed through the long paragraph, but I'm terribly sorry about your Aunt. My grandmother died of breast cancer after fighting it off 3 times before, it's life, it happens.


But I did catch this part: ';what happens after death? why live if were going to die?';





What happens after death is whatever you want to believe. Personally, I believe nothing. We die and stay in the ground.


But why live if were going to die? Because, we were given this chance to live a life, so why not take it and love it and live it. We are here, so we can't waste it. We live so that we can find our own meaning for life. Death just happens, it just is.


I'm not Christian, but this is my belief
First of all, I'm so sorry your aunt died. You will remember her with lots of love.





Suffering is a universal part of our humanity that exists in a fallen world. The question of why there is suffering in death for some and not as much for others is really not answerable. For we reckon things from our human experience and do not understand the infinite mind and purpose of God. In the great faith chapter, we often read of the heroes of the faith but neglect the litany of those unnamed who suffered for their faith (Hebrews 11:33-40). These all died suffering deaths yet are heroes of the faith. They are unnamed and unsung among men, but God values their suffering and includes them in this great chapter of faith as a lesson to us.





Suffering and death are part of the curse of sin on the world (Genesis 3:16-19). Adam and Eve fell, and when they did, they brought to themselves and to all of their descendants the suffering of death. ';But you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die'; (Genesis 2:17). We know that Adam and Eve did not die physically on the day that they ate of the tree. Adam lived to the age of 930 (Genesis 5:5). But when Adam sinned, he was spiritually separated from God, and this is the first death.





The question of why some suffer at death and others do not could be summed up in one statement: ';God is sovereign.'; That is not just a trite and easy statement. When Jesus healed a man born blind, the disciples questioned Him. ';鈥楻abbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?鈥?鈥楴either this man nor his parents sinned,鈥?said Jesus, 鈥榖ut this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life鈥?quot; (John 9:1-3). In this passage is a principle that can be applied to our question. God allows some to suffer so that ';the work of God might be displayed.'; In other words, God allows some to suffer to bring glory to His name and others not to suffer for the same reason. It is His sovereign will that determines each circumstance. Therefore, we can safely say that no suffering is without a purpose in the plan of God, even though we as finite humans may not see that purpose clearly.





The Apostle Paul suffered much in his life and ministry. A litany of that suffering can be found in 2 Corinthians 11:23-27. Paul was killed for his testimony and according to universal tradition was decapitated after a long imprisonment. However, during this time, he wrote this testimony to Timothy: ';I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day鈥攁nd not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing'; (2 Timothy 4:7-8). Another purpose for suffering is to be a witness to those watching that God's grace and strength is sufficient to enable a believer to stand in that suffering (2 Corinthians 12:9).





Paul also gives us an example as to how we should view suffering as a child of God. ';But he said to me, 鈥楳y grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.鈥?Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong'; (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). And Paul also said, ';For me to live is Christ, to die is gain'; (Philippians 1:21). Therefore, however a believer dies, in suffering or in relative peace, it is but a transition to ';face to face'; with the LORD. Once that transition has been made, all of the sorrow and pain of the suffering will end. ';He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away'; (Revelation 21:4).
You have to turn to Jesus and pray long and hard. I am speaking from experience, I turned my back on God when my mother past of the same affliction as your aunt.





I was really angry with God for years, the more I prayed for her the better she got and then within less than a minute she was gone!





I felt jilted because I was only like 23yrs old so she never seen me get married or have kids or see any of my success etc etc.





Anyway I paid for turning my back on him, my life became horrible! I one day just out of the blue began talking to him and begging him for an answer WHY. I got my answer, I turned back to God and I have not only been restored but repeatedly blessed.





Check this website out... It will show you that life doesn't end after death... There have been people who can attest to this. Read there stories... It should give you some ease.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsV2oWL0b鈥?/a>
Sorry for your loss. When something happens to someone close to us we also suffer. I promise you in time you will look back and remember the good times with your aunt. Right now there does not seem to be any answers.


Talk to your minister or her minister if you do not have one. Let them know you need help. Trying to be tough will only prolong your suffering. There are people there who can empathize with you and help put her life in perspective. Remember asking for help is not a sign of weakness it is a sign of intelligence.





Good luck.
death is not the end. our self-pity can lead us to excessive sadness, unless we understand that death is just a doorway to the next thing, whatever that is. (i believe it's heaven - you may not...)





don't give into your downward spiral of grief - instead, celebrate the awesome person your aunt was. work on her charities, continue any good works she started, visit the places she always wanted to see in her memory...she continues in the love you had for her, not in your self-consuming sadness...
We all must die eventually. However, as you said, this knowledge affects us differently when a loved one dies. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but it gets better over time. There's nothing wrong with feeling bad about your aunt's death. It's a good thing that you mourn that loss. It shows that she was an integral part of your life and that you cared for her.


One thing that can greatly help with your loss is an understanding of God's plan for us. You asked what happens after death and why we live. I would like to answer those questions from the scriptures. We are all God's children, and as such, he loves us with a love so pure that we can't even comprehend it. We enter life for several reasons, one of which is for the opportunities and experiences it gives us to grow. As we face sorrows and losses, joys and successes, our very natures can change if we allow them to and we become better people. Life is a blessing and a amazing experience to grow and improve ourselves. One of the reasons that Christ's sacrifice is so important is that it enabled the Resurrection. When we die, our body is laid to rest, but our spirit lives on. The Resurrection refers to a point in the future where the spirit and body of each person will be reunited in a perfect and immortal form. In shorter terms, death isn't the end. I know that you'll be able to see your aunt again and enjoy her company. I know it can be hard to deal with your loss presently, but praying for comfort and strength to carry on can be great helps. They have been in my life. Strive to have that same conviction and faith in Christ that your aunt did and you'll be blessed.
Let yourself feel it. posting this question was a good start. You need to talk it out with someone, someone who will let you dwell on her for a while and then guide you back to sanity slowly. You need to cry, you need to talk...and you need to realize that some of your questions can never be answered. Nobody knows what happens after death. The reason we are alive is different for each person. everyone has their own path to follow. It sounds like your aunt found her path, and lived it whole-heartedly till the very end. Take comfort in the fact that her life was full and she was happy. If you want someone to talk to, someone who'll listen, feel free to email me. I can't help you with the christian aspect, but I know how to overcome grief.
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost more than my fair share of loved ones and I can assure you that time will heal your pain. No one knows for sure what happens after death, (probably the same as before you were born, you don't exist). One thing for sure, is you will always have the wonderful memories of your aunt. They will be with you always. There is no set time frame for grieving, people deal with it in different ways. I know you don't feel like you will ever feel normal again, but that is only temporarily. The pain will slowly fade and you will feel like your old self again, it just takes some time. You will always miss your aunt, but it won't be painful once your heart has healed. I hope this helps and again my deepest regards, because I know what you are going through. It sounds like your aunt was very special to you.
Death is a hard thing to deal with, I know. You must let these feelings out somehow, and if this is it, then do so. Whatever you feel is right, do it. The problem is that you need to move on, and that is the hardest thing to do. It doesn't have to be now, it doesn't even have to be dated to try to move on. You just need to be patient.





As for the afterlife, we do not know. Many believe that we will go to heaven or hell. Others say we are reincarnated. The belief is up to you, and only you, Don't let anyone else tell you diffrent.
I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt passing away. The way you describe her reminds me of my great-grandmother. On her death bed she was telling everyone about Jesus, and singing old hymns. One of the hymns she sang was, ';There's Not a Friend Like the Holy Jesus.'; They had someone sing that at her funeral. It was a very emotional time.





So, what should you do without her? Why not honor her and follow her example? Strive to have the same kind of faith and kindness she had? Trust Jesus as she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment