Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am a Christian and believe in God, but I feel I don't love Him enough; advice?

I mean, I don't have time at all to go to church, but I pray; I believe, but I don't feel anything special inside of me when I think of Jesus...why?I am a Christian and believe in God, but I feel I don't love Him enough; advice?
I'm a Christian too and relate to what you're saying. My relationship with God sort of ebbs and flows ... there have been times when I've been very involved in church, going regularly, voluteering and doing Bible study and there have been other times when I've been excited about other things.





The best advice I can give is that if you really want a stronger relationship with God, read your Bible, find a good Bible-based church in your area and get involved in something at church that excites you -- I used to do be on my church's tech team and it was really fun -- I go to a really big church and everything they do is very professional, so doing the audio-visual stuff was just like it would be doing it in one of Hollywood's productions -- just more wholesomeI am a Christian and believe in God, but I feel I don't love Him enough; advice?
try worshiping cows (like indians) - give it a try


you may get equally or more passionate
If you belive then you will properly love God.


I used to fell like that but I just started to give it a bit more and now I am a full beliver!
Ask for God's grace to help you love Him better. Through His grace, all is possible.
I don't think anyone feels they love God enough. And it is something we all worry about just as we wonder if we're good enough to get into Heaven.





I would advise you to make time for church tho. There are plenty around with various times of worship. So it isn't impossible. Drop something from your life that you are making a priority and an excuse not to worship in His house. It will help you to be with other Christians and may help you with whatever it is you think you should feel when thinking of Jesus.
';In this is love, not that we loved Him but He loved us and gave Himself for us.'; (John's epistles)





God is love and first we need to receive His love to be able to feel that we love Him. Read your Bible, pray that God will show you what is so special about Jesus - that you will understand the depths of His love for you.





Maybe you should try to go to a church and have friends who also believe. A spark that is away from the fireplace cools off. Get close to the fire - get close to christians. Let God do something special in your life.
Just keep plowing along. personally, I think people need to attend Church for this very reason. There's something about being with like minded people and having conversations about faith that help bring what it seems you're looking for. Seeing the work of God in the faces of others is awesome! Remember, ';where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also.';


And don't stress over ';feeling'; something too much. Gods love is about doing, not being.
I think that鈥檚 called living a lie to be honest and I am not Christian. You should find a ';belief system'; or ';idea system'; that does it for you and not what others say because you have to live your life not them.





On the other hand you could just be an impassive person, which is why you feel nothing.
do your own thing, I see no clear evidence that there was ever meant to be a church. You have free will, use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment