Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Im a christian. but im doing things i know im not supposed to do. will someone give me advice?

please give me advice on how i can stay on fire for God?Im a christian. but im doing things i know im not supposed to do. will someone give me advice?
Precious - when you take a log out of the fire, it will grow cold and the fire upon it will eventually die.





When you return it to the hearth, the other burning logs provide the heat and spark that return the fire to the cold log.





You must not forsake daily prayer .


You must not forsake reading the Word daily.


You must not forsake attending Church.


You must not forsake working FOR Jesus.





Ask your Pastor about ministry opportunities.





Everyday - look at your life against the Fruits of the Spirit - and seek to walk in those fruits with every moment.





Man's Spirit:


Galatians 5:19-21 What human nature does is quite plain. It shows itself in immoral, filthy, and indecent actions; in worship of idols and witchcraft. People become enemies and they fight; they become jealous, angry, and ambitious. They separate into parties and groups; they are envious, get drunk, have orgies, and do other things like these. I warn you now as I have before: those who do these things will not possess the Kingdom of God.





God's Spirit:


Galatians 5:22-25 But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control. There is no law against such things as these.


And those who belong to Christ Jesus have put to death their human nature with all its passions and desires. The Spirit has given us life; he must also control our lives.





The first fruit is love:





1st Corinthians 13:4-8a Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail. Love is eternal.





Peace.Im a christian. but im doing things i know im not supposed to do. will someone give me advice?
There is a sure fire way to do this and it is really no secret, pray and talk to God each and every day and this way you will remain strong in the Lord, forget about daily prayer and you soon go down,
Prayer, confessing to God your sin, and Bible Study. Try reading Romans 5-9.
Colossians 3 say that we are to put to death what is of the sinful nature- this is not easy- we must stay connected to Jesus, who is the vine, we pray that God, through the power of His Holy Spirit will give us courage to literally kill what is not of Him. The only way we can stay on fire for God, is to continue to pray, be in His Word, and determine with all our hearts to follow Him, and not satisfy the sinful nature- never said it would be easy- however remember The Holy Spirit lives within the born again believer- so He will give you the strength to not do what you know you should not be doing. Know that I will be praying for you- God loves you-
Use more petroleum. Some slow-burning charcoal tucked away in your pockets might help too.
Yeah, stop doing what you aren't supposed to do and start doing what you are supposed to do.





Do things the way Jesus would.
God doesn't tell you to be on fire, but to simply believe Him.





';Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that doesn't need to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING the Word of truth.';





Learn how to walk in the SPIRIT and you will not fulfil the desires of the flesh.





ONLY Christ can live the Christian life. Meditate on Galatians 2:20
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;





Philippians 1:29





but there is a promise for those who will endure unto the end.





But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.





Matthew 24:13





Make yourself strong in times that you are weak. My advice is not to be neutral in following the christian way be hot and not cold for time will come and this will happen.





So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.





Revelation 3:16





God bless.
Welcome to the club of pseudo Christians. You have plenty of company.





My advice? Study what Jesus Christ would do.





Kutte
I understand how you feel.


When we ask God for forgiveness, we are forgiven.





You sound like you may going through a bit of Romans 8.


http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea鈥?/a>





When I feel saddened like that, I listen to beautiful Christian music, like Casting Crowns (Lifesong) or Mercy Me (I Can Only Imagine). And, I get together with a Christian friend, and we pray. We pray for guidance, direction and strength. We meditate on the word of God (the Bible). And if it is possible, I recommend finding a church where you are comfortable. When we expose ourselves to others who are getting comfort and encouragement, we become lifted through His Word.





May the Lord bless you indeed with a good Christian friend, to start with.
Appetite has a lot to do with it. ';Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.'; Don't fill yourself on the things of the world, i.e. media, music, TV, video games, worldly magazine's and books. It's easy to develope an appetite for these things and when we do we ussually fill ourselves on this stuff so there isn't really much more room left for God. At first it might seem like a chore but here's a list of things you can do that may help.





- Go for a walk and pray or meditate on God.


- Put on a worship CD and worship, or if you can do it without music then have at it.


- Tell somebody who knows you! Find a mentor or friend you look up to in the faith and ask for prayers and advice. Mentor's are a really good thing to have.


-Begin asking God what your purpose is in this life. Actively seek and pursue ways you can be useful in Kingdom work.


- Read the Bible first thing in the morning and last thing at night.





These are just a few ideas. Please pray though, ask for God's protection from discouraging thoughts(devil) and be patient with yourself. Know that God Himself is at work in you to accomplish HIs puposes. Sometimes you won't feel so on fire, but that doesn't mean that you are any less useful to God or that He loves you less. We aren't always going to have mountain top experiences, most of our time will be spent in the valleys of life. Know that it is in these places where you will be stretched and refined that you will be made into the image of Christ. It won't always feel good, but the benefits will last forever. Stay encouraged. You don't stand alone.
STEP OUT IN FAITH





It is both attitude and in action. You believe that God loves you, but you need to love Him in return. You know that God will speak to you, but you need to listen attentively. You have faith in God will guide you and protect you, but you need to follow Him and submit in His care. Whenever you take a step of faith in God, follow it with a step of action.





(What to do when you don't know what to do by: Dr. Henry Cloud %26amp; Dr. John Townsend)





How do we recover what we've lost today? The way back is found in these three words: Remember, Repent, and Return. God wants you to walk with Him. The fire can be rekindled.





(365 Guidelines for Daily Living by: Dr. Harold Sala)





I've just posted books I've read to keep me focused. It's hard not to stumble. Always remember that God will always welcome you back in His loving arms.





Be in a small group at church who can be your accountability or ';Travelling companions'; in your journey. Fellowship among Christians will help you and to affirm that you are not alone in your journey. Jorn Maxwell calls it ';inner circle.';
Prayer is the best place to start...
Above all, don't despair.


And keep on praying.





And if I understand the 'on fire' thing...don't lean on emotions. They are utterly undependable in the spiritual life. Read St Teresa of Avila, the master on these things. Esp 'The Interior Castle '.
PRAY,PRAY,PRAY and then pray some more after that get into the Word God Bless
My advice is don't, but then again you aren't going to listen because popular belief is that people that think like me are crazy in the eyes of people who think like you show me one shred of proof outside of the bible to prove gods existence and this must be solid proof not a so called miracle I say not from the bible because the bible has been proved flawed over and over again.
I just went through a season like this. What got me out of it was:





1. Prayer. Not just once a day, but throughout the day especially at times when I knew I was likely to fall into sin (e.g. when I was home alone or bored)


2. Reading the bible every day and meditating on it for a few minutes.


3. Going to church as much as possible. I started going to 4 different churches/bible studies 5 nights a week, just to get me out of my house and into God's word as much as possible.





I can tell you that after doing that for about 2 months, I am starting to stand up to temptation better than I had been and I'm also getting the joy of the Lord back in my heart.





Just immerse yourself in God, even if you don't feel like it. I didn't feel like it at all. But I did it and that got me away from trouble and into the safe, loving arms of Jesus Christ, where I belong.





I hope that helps. Email or IM me if you need more advice or support.





Peace.
admitting wrong doing is first step


next step stop doing wrong
I don't really have any answers to that question. I wish I did, because I am in the same boat. I've tried so many different things--prayer, reading my Bible, meditation, listening to Christian music, reading Christian literature. Right now all I know to do is to keep coming back to God and asking Him to put true repentance in my heart. I kind of wish I was Catholic right now, because then I could go to confession.
Repent or something, I don't know.
When you fall, remember, He never leaves you nor forsakes you. When He helps you up, then praise him for his grace and mercy. Be thankful and content. His Love is bigger than your lack of enthusiasm. His justice is swift for your selfishness and if you belong to Him, you will be punished until you learn who you are in Christ Jesus, You are a child of the Living God and your Father in Heaven beckons you to love him in return. Remember what Jesus did on the cross for your sins. Jesus would say, ';oh yea of little faith....go and sin no more.'; (KJV)Meaning, learn to not live a sinful lifestyle and learn from your mistakes.





There is not one perfect without Jesus. We all fall short and are lost with out the righteousness of Jesus, put on Christ.





In Christ,


Alight4JC

No comments:

Post a Comment