Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've fallen for a Christian, but I'm an Atheist. Advice?

She's part of Christian Union.


I've toyed with the idea of God, but I strongly believe in there not being a God.I've fallen for a Christian, but I'm an Atheist. Advice?
This is called unequally yoked


But it has been known to work, if you Both choose for it to. The main thing is that you can not force your non-beliefs on her, just as she can not force her beliefs on you. There in lies the compromise that you both will have to work onI've fallen for a Christian, but I'm an Atheist. Advice?
Respect. Respect. Respect. That's the only advice I have for you. I am a Christian married to an Atheist and he is the most wonderful man I've ever known. He has never questioned or disrespected my beliefs. In fact, he admires the stronghold I have to my faith and I his rationale and need to seek evidence for truth.





Brightest Blessings
I say RUN the other way, as fast as you can.
It really depends on how tolerant you are about people being religious, and the particulars of her faith.





If she never brings religion up (and I don't mean talking about going to church, I mean talking about her religious beliefs, or yours), you're probably okay. I'm not saying that not talking about it will make it go away, I'm saying that if she's the sort who doesn't make an issue of it, you're probably okay.
Welcome


...to the light side.





The fight is taken to another level...
If she is a Christian, she won't be OK with you not believing in God. We are told in the Bible to not be ';unequally yoked';. That means don't marry a non-Christian, because it will be a quite difficult marriage.
leave there and never go back ,otherwise you will end up being just another christian hypocrite
It shouldn't really matter what the religion of the person you love is.
Yeah


SuperConvert That Ho DOO IT!!!!
Wow, thats very unusual. I don't know what to tell you, just be open-minded. Good Luck
If she's okay with you not believing in God, then there should be no problem.
people will tell you she won't be OK with you but the bible teaches this if you marry a unbeliever and can life in peace its ok I'll try to find the scripture for you.


here it is:


1Cr 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.


1Cr 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.


1Cr 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.


1Cr 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such [cases]: but God hath called us to peace.





as long as you both are happy and in peace.
When my wife and I married, she was an agnostic and I was a theist. Now, 15 years later, she is a spiritualist and I am an atheists. Don't marry or not marry somebody for their religion. If you're happy, go for it.
My honest opinion is that it won't work. If you are sure that you don't want to convert to Christianity, there will be some problems later
Why is that a problem?


Some of my best friends are devoted Christians, we get along just dandy.
You can't help who you fall in love with. If you guys can accept each others differences, then you can have a great relationship.
yes read Psalm 14 and 53 before leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment