Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need advice from a Christian. Please help.?

I am a Christian (sorta), but i am struggling a little bit. To me, I really want to believe in Him, but its hard to understand. Can anyone please help me? Give me advice, Bible verses, personal stories, anything.





One more thing,


If you don't have anything nice or encouraging to say


Please do not say it!I need advice from a Christian. Please help.?
Wo, well humor will help as I notice how people who reject God have no humor. Laughing makes life better even when life sucks. Believing in him is the easy part. The hard part is going on suffering when God allows bad things to happen to you.


Knowledge makes me believe in him more. I see how dumb people are in this world and it makes me believe how smart God is compared to man. Look at the way the heathen acts in this world compared to real christians and you can see the difference who people serve.





Other then that it helps to yell at God when things go bad and realize you can get angry at him and he does not hold it against you. Be angry and sin not. Other then that you can go look at the Antichrist to see hes a real man here.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felipe,_Pri…








I started a prayer intentionally recently if you want to join in its 6:00 AM


2:00 PM and 10:00 PM US central standard time everyday.





Hoped it helps but I can't think of anything else to sya but, wo!!!!I need advice from a Christian. Please help.?
without faith it is impossible to please God


faith comes by hearing hearing the word of God





typicaly when one is struggling they have not been praying and reading and tehn in life they know they are compromised. They know they are God s child and wonder how do I get it back. sort of like an overweight person who looks in the mirror and knows they need to do something about it.. but where you want to be and where you are are very far away...


I was here for a long time.


I read romans chapter 8 there is now therefor no condemnation for those who are in christ.


God works all things together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purposes.








I realized i was not like the fat guy at all in that no amont of work I could do would erase my failre or make me worthy before God





I remembered He loved ,me just as i was and i wept and confessed myh heart to him..God is calling for us to come be cleaned healed and restored all the time...when we come it is all His work to create in us that clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit within....If you dont want to leave your sin you will always be miserable you cant be half and half ..but if you come to God and abide with him you will have those rivers of living water flowing ot of you the moment you really surrender ...Perhaps also read ephesians 1 this chapter tell you of all the blessings that you have freely in christ ...You have a huge future and hope...God promises to restore the years the locust has eaten..
First, don't be discouraged. There is absolutely no one who can say they've never struggled with their faith. That's why it's called faith, and not fact - because we can't prove it by the world's standards.


God is not and never will be ';easy'; to understand. Why in the world world anyone would give His life for me especially knowing I'd still keep sinning long after I knew what He'd done is beyond me. He's not meant to be completely understood, He's asking us to live by faith. You should pray for grace to have the trust, wisdom and love needed for strong faith. I'll keep you in my prayers as well. And I ask you to pray for me and everyone who struggles with faith.





';Where can we find the strength to praise him? For he is greater than all his works. Awesome is the Lord and very great, and marvelous is his power. Glorify the Lord and exhalt him as much as you can, for he surpasses even that. '; Sirach 43: 28-30





Some others you might look up:


Isaiah 40: 28-31


Isaiah 55:8-9


Jeremiah 29:11


Lamentations 3:17-33


Zechariah 8:6


Joshua 1:9
God gave you the ';Power to Choose'; and it's a personal choice for everyone. If you need ';understanding'; pray about it and ask GOD to give you understanding. Don't turn to people for answers, they may guide you in the wrong direction. Jesus spoke in parables (stories) to help people understand. I give you this story, God will always ADD and MULTIPLY to your life, the Devil will always SUBTRACT and DIVIDE from your life. If you take the word God and ';add'; the letter ';o'; it becomes the word Good. If you take the word Devil and ';subtract'; the letter ';d'; it becomes the word evil. In the beginning was the word ... words can be powerful but you know not a person by their words but by their actions.


I encourage you to find the answers you seek through prayer and choose your BIBLE (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) wisely. Choose what you ';know'; is right and you'll never go wrong.


I wrote this poem when I was in your shoes, many years ago, maybe it will help you.





To have understanding is to have knowledge,


To have knowledge is to have wisdom.


To have wisdom is to have the knowledge


to understand.
I'd recommend praying the rosary often. See the following promises.





The rosary is explained here:


http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/…





The fifteen promises of Mary to Christians who recite the rosary:


1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.


2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.


3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.


4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.


5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.


6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.


7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.


8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in Paradise.


9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.


10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.


11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.


12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.


13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.


14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.


15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.





Our Lady has 117 titles. She selected this title at Fatima: ';I am the Lady of the Rosary.';





St. Francis de Sales said the greatest method of praying IS- Pray the Rosary.





St. Thomas Aquinas preached 40 straight days in Rome, Italy on just the Hail Mary.





St. John Vianney, patron of priests, was seldom seen without a rosary in his hand.





';The rosary is the scourge of the devil'; -- Pope Adrian VI





';The rosary is a treasure of graces'; -- Pope Paul V





Padre Pio, the stigmatic priest, said: ';The Rosary is THE WEAPON';





Pope Leo XIII wrote 9 encyclicals on the rosary.





Pope John XXIII spoke 38 times about Our Lady and the Rosary. He prayed 15 decades daily.





St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort wrote: ';The rosary is the most powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who so loves His Mother.';





Pope Pius XII: “There is no surer means of calling down God’s blessings upon the family…than the daily recitation of the Rosary.”





Pope Pius XII: “The Rosary is the compendium of the entire Gospel.”





God bless!


Dave
Keep trusting Jesus even when all looks dark. I struggle all the time but I remember that God is faithful and just and his mercy is new each morning.





Lamentations 3:22-23





';22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,


for his compassions never fail.





23 They are new every morning;


great is your faithfulness.';





The Bible says: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight (Prov. 3:5-6). We can lean on him! The Bible also says: Do not be anxious about anything, BUT IN EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:6-7). And we should always remember: When we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrightiousness (1 John 1:9).





When you stumble lift up your face to Jesus because he is there and he will never leave you. When you sin confess it and ask him to help you turn away completely and not repeat it. When you think evil towards someone confess it to God and, if that person is someone who you can speak to, confess to them and ask forgiveness. I have to confess to my husband a lot because I some times get mad at him and think evil towards him.





Just remember that our God is a God of love! He loves US! Another thing you may want to consider is becoming an active member in your church. Start getting active in the Body of Christ. This will help you grow and become stronger in the Lord. I'll finally be joining my church and I went out with the street ministry team for the first time in a long time just this Sat. I am ready to get to work in my Father's vineyard! The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few, the Bible says.


Now is the time we work to share the gospel of Jesus to all the nations! God bless.
He, heysunshinee:





You are in the same boat that I was. We are bombarded with so many theories that many have fallen to delusions.





However, God hid part of the Bible, ';sealed and closed until the end of the days.'; It has essential truths just for people like you. Among other things, it will prove Jesus is the Messiah. See http://abiblecode.com





Shalom, peace in Jesus, ben Yeshua
For now just believe, and pray, pray, pray. Ask God for faith and belief, and never, EVER give up praying. Don't worry; understanding will come to you as you grow spiritually.
Read ';The Purpose Driven Life'; By Rick Warren
Contact me personally on my profile page. I'll help you.
I used to be a hardcore atheist and evolutionist for 20 years before becoming a Christian. I was raised United Methodist and my mother frequently took me to church as a child, although my father only attended church twice a year (on Easter and Christmas) and otherwise showed no outward signs of faith in God.


As a child, I was heavily influenced by my brother's nature books and shows that I saw on TV that introduced me to evolution. By the time I was 14, I decided that I was an atheist. I had a lot of questions about creation that weren't getting answered, and at the time I was going through a very dark period in my life, where I believed that God had abandoned me. I even wrote a school paper on my atheism. To my surprise, my dad told me I didn't know what I was talking about, which was surprising for someone who rarely attended church. I remained an atheist for the next 20 years, and I was quite outspoken about it. I had a ';Darwin'; fish on my car; I used to go online and tell Christians how stupid they were for believing what they did. I was a typical liberal - pro-choice, democrat, evolutionist, atheist - I was quite the little ';feminazi';.


It wasn't until later I had a live-in boyfriend who was a cradle Catholic. I ';tolerated'; his faith in God for a while, then I got to know his family. One day, we were attending the baptism of his niece, and I was sitting in the pews before the service began, and I was watching all these people around me kneeling and praying spontaneously without anyone instructing them to. They obviously had or knew something that I didn't. I decided to take a chance, and I kneeled down and prayed, ';OK, God, if you're really there, tell me how to get the Holy Spirit. I don't understand how everyone else can have it and I don't. Please tell me how to get the Holy Spirit.'; Then I finished and sat back in the pew. When the priest began his homily, it was about ';How to get the Holy Spirit';!! I was totally floored! Even as an atheist, I didn't believe in those kinds of coincidences. I knew then that God was trying to get my attention in a way I could understand.


So I kneeled down once again, and prayed for God to forgive me for all those years of unbelief and the way I treated Him, and to come into my heart and make me a new person. And He did! From that day on, He began working in my life to change me from the inside out. I have done a complete 180 from what I used to be. Today I am a social conservative, pro-life, young-earth creationist Christian. Eventually, I left the Catholic Church and joined the Seventh-Day Adventist Church after viewing some prophecy seminars that they offered.


However, it wasn't like that all at once. I had once visited a pro-life website when I was pro-choice, and I saw all these pictures of poor aborted babies. I finally came to a realization - ';how could anybody do such a horrible thing to their baby?'; And I was ashamed of having supported that butchery all those years.


Even after having become a Christian, I still had one problem - I still believed in evolution. I just thought there was too much evidence to deny. So one day I asked my pastor about it, and he handed me a CD-Rom that contained a series of seminars on Creation Science, about 15 hours worth of information. I watched them on my computer, and I was totally blown away by the information! I had never been taught any of this in public school, and I later became angry that they had brainwashed me like that all those years. I reviewed the information several times. It made so much more sense than evolution, and it also made the Bible come alive. I found that there are thousands of scientific facts that deny evolution and support a young Earth, a worldwide Flood and intelligent design. So I dropped evolution like the proverbial ';hot potato'; and became a young-earth creationist. I even plan to speak at schools, churches and any other venues on the subject, as soon as I can put together a PowerPoint presentation. I think it's very important that people learn this. Their salvation may depend on it. I pray that if you are an atheist/evolutionist, that you will take my words to heart and read some creationist materials, like ';The Evolution Cruncher'; by Vance Ferrell, which is an excellent source of facts made readily-available and whose sources are cited. It contains thousands of scientific facts that destroy the theory of evolution.
THE PATH TO LIFE IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE.





Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; [Psalm 16:11]





In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. [Job 12:10]





Eternal Life is Offered





And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. [1 John 5:11-13]





Rebirth is required





Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. [John 3:3 ]





GOD’s GIFT OF LIFE





Death is Inevitable





Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: [Romans 5:12]





Eternal Life is a Gift





For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. [Romans 6:23]





Jesus Shared with us in Life and Death





But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. [Hebrews 2:9]


Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage [Hebrews 2:14-15]





POWERFUL LIFE





Jesus Rose From The Dead





Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: :5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen: [Luke 24:1-6]





The Apostle Paul wrote of Jesus Christ





And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: [Romans 1:4]





RESURRECTION LIFE





Death is not the end.





“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?” [John 11:25 ,26 ]





Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? [1 Cor 15:51 -56 ]





FACING THE FUTURE





How can we face these things?





Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. [John 14:1]


And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. [John 14:3 ,6]





Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. [ Rom 8:35 -39]





OUR NEED FOR GOD





Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. [Psalm 73:23 -26]





Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be an

No comments:

Post a Comment