Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christian teenage dating advice please... ( :?

At my school's homecoming dance I met this guy. He asked for my number and we started texting. This dance was exactly a month ago and I I have texted this certain guy for at least a little bit eveyrday. About a week ago he kinda asked me out. I refused(even though I like him), because at this point of my life I am struggling with my walk with God and I had come to a point where I was wanting to actually talk to God and read the Bible. Then also I needed to focus on school work and all. So that's what I told this guy and he respeted me for my answer. We are just friends. However, I have been feeling lately that I have been craving a relationship with him. But, I know refusing going out with him was a good thing. But this craving is little out of control. I am not sure what to do. Any suggestions?


Few facts about situation:


I am 15 years old.


I have never dated any guy yet.


This guy is amazing, but I don't need another thing in society distracting me from God.


Help? :) Thanks ya'll!Christian teenage dating advice please... ( :?
if you keep your morals in line, maybe he can help you in your walk with god.


if he is a christian too that is.Christian teenage dating advice please... ( :?
Paul tells us in 1st Corinthians 25;28:





Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord, but I give a judgment as one who by the Lord's mercy is trustworthy. Because of the present crisis, I think that it is good for you to remain as you are. Are you married? Do not seek a divorce. Are you unmarried? Do not look for a wife. But if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.





The proto-orthodox position was to never marry unless absolutely necessary, as the end was too near. Keep in mind that Paul told his followers this nearly 2000 years ago, and the official position of at least the Catholic Church, but most Christian denominations as well, is that the end is too near to worry with something as trivial as marriage. If you want to get closer to God according to the Bible, stop doing anything remotely productive and wait for the end.
There is no reason why you cant have a relationship with him if you like him, Your a christain, so keep your morals in line, And at the same time you can have a relationship with God. And make sure he respects your morals and thats about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment