Saturday, December 19, 2009

Being a Christian and being into heavy metal. Can I have some advice here?

I like heavy metal and I got invited to a show tonight. The opening act is called Ritual Infanticide and the headliner is called Christanic Bitchlords of Satan. They are both local bands with reputations for really good music but really evil lyrics. Something in me says don't go, but part of me says it's just music, go. What do I do?Being a Christian and being into heavy metal. Can I have some advice here?
well, i think your priests who molest little children, altar boys, etc, would not mind... i mean, they probably jesus died for their sins and yours so u have a free ticket to paradise... and u can molest your way there ... ?? sound a little pagan and filthy ? yes ? well, maybe because it is !! makes sense ? u know it does ! worship God alone ! think !Being a Christian and being into heavy metal. Can I have some advice here?
art is art, it has many levels of interpretations. I like heavy metal as much as the next guy, but something tells me that if this group has to resort to shock tactics to get an audience, they probably suck as musicians.





And don't believe the 'reputation for being good', most people have lousy taste in music. Keep looking for good music. Try Dream Theater if you want a really 'heavy' band, them compare them to these little local yokels.
Reverse your thinking maybe in the sense of:





Can it be really good music if the lyrics sux?





Or...





Why do you want to go to this very concert...if it REALLY isnt satanic but ';just music'; you could go to any other concert w/out any concern, so what pulls you there??
It isn't just music. Music is spiritual...it affects your spirit. Act accordingly.
It's just music. I've always held the belief that if you don't actually believe in the lyrics or do what they say, than it's alright.
You shouldn't miss a band calling itself ';Christianic Bitchlords of Satan';, they've got to be good.
The ';something'; in you saying don't go is the Holy Spirit.
go and have a good time

No comments:

Post a Comment